Qabsoo keenya Irra Deebina!
Jaarraa caaleera falmachaa
Hidhaaf duuti yoom laaffise,
Ammi dhume itti dhumeetu
Qabsoo dhaloota dhaalchise,
Sanyiin Oromoo duguugamee
Hanga lafarraa hin dhumnetti,
Qabsoon keenya hin dhaabatu
Amma bilisummaa gonfannutti,
Leenca tutuqaan kaaftanii
Deebi’ee rafaa hin eeginaa,
Toftaaf tarsimoo haaraatiin
Qabsoo keenya irra deebina!
U.S. Department of States: Consular Affairs.
#Ethiopia Security Alert:
Location: Oromia and Amhara Regions
Event: A “stay at home” strike is underway throughout the Oromia and Amhara regions and is expected to last through February 15. There have been reports of protestors in both regions engaging public transport buses with rocks and rioting. There are also reports of road blocks along the border between Addis Ababa and Oromia.
Actions to Take:
• Postpone travel to these regions until the strike concludes.
• If you are currently in Oromia or Amhara, you should shelter in place.
• Employ sound security practices.
• Remain aware of your surroundings, including local events.
• Avoid large gatherings and demonstrations; monitor local news stations; and follow the instructions of local authorities.
• Remember that the security environment in Ethiopia is fluid and can deteriorate without warning.
Image may contain: outdoor