Oromo Liberation Front (OLF)
Adda Bilisummaa Oromoo (ABO)
OLF Press Release
June 05, 2018
The Oromo Liberation Front held a successful Policy Consultation Conference from June 2 – 5, 2018 at the Organization’s headquarter in Asmara, Eritrea.
- Cognizant of the current pressing issues and apparent political crisis in the Ethiopian state;
- Aware of the historical obligation bestowed up on the Oromo people and its vanguard organization, the OLF, to avert the looming political crisis in the region in general and in Oromia/Ethiopia in particular;
- Concerned of the recklessness the incumbent ruling TPLF/EPRDF regime exhibits in the face of the ongoing crisis and its lack of Ernest readiness to play its part to work for lasting solution and overcoming the socio-economic and political conflicts that had been raging for over a century.
- Very well conscious of the potential eventualities that could result from the, currently, unpredictable political discourse in contemporary Ethiopia;
- And firmly believing in the need for a transitional arrangement that could address the outstanding issues in which all stakeholders participate;
The Oromo Liberation Front is seriously considering the imperatives for preparing policy directions on the overall resolution of conflicts in the country. To this end, OLF tasked Oromo intellectuals of various disciplines with the duty of preparing professionally researched documents and policy recommendations that align with the organization’s Political program.
The attendees of the Conference included highly esteemed Oromo intellectuals from the United States, Europe, and Australia, members of the OLF Executive committee & some of the Central Committee members stationed in the area, commanders of the Oromo Liberation Army (OLA) and former OLF high officials who are also the founding veterans of the Organization.
The Oromo Liberation Front believes that such high-level Undertakings are crucial to the creation of a stable as well as legitimate political system and, is committed to the attainment of the grand endeavor. It is with this in mind, that the OLF reiterates its willingness to work with all political forces who are equally committed to the peaceful resolution of conflicts under discussion. The OLF, therefore, calls upon those political forces in Ethiopia including national and international stakeholders to contribute their share to this relentless struggle for freedom, justice and democracy.
The conference was concluded after four days of deliberations by identifying major policy recommendations and suggesting to the need for the next round of a likewise event with more Scope and intensity.
Victory to the Oromo People!
Oromo Liberation Front
June 5, 2018