In April and May 2014, Oromo students at all regional universities in Oromia took to the streets to protest the unconstitutional expansion of Addis Ababa’s jurisdiction into surrounding Oromia towns. Dozens of peaceful protesters were killed by live bullets fired at crowds while hundreds were arbitrarily arrested and are still being held at various military barracks around the country. The government has consistently denied reports by international human rights organizations, including Amnesty International, whose staff was expelled in 2011. Two prominent Oromo opposition leaders Bekele Gerba and Olbana Lelisa were detained for meeting with Amnesty’s staff and are serving long-term sentences.
Gerba, who has fully served out his reduced time, was widely expected to be released earlier this year. However, according to family sources, prison officials gave conflicting reasons for his continued imprisonment, including that his time at the Maekelawi prison doesn’t count or his file was misplaced. Both Gerba and Lelisa remain in prison with restricted and limited medical care despite reports that both are severely ill. At least two Oromo activists have died in prison over the last three years from the torture they have endured. Opride
#Ethiopia – #BekeleGerba, prominent #Oromo opposition party leader who’s in prison & on trial ‘gravelly sick’ but prison authorities are not allowing him to get medical care, his daughter Bontu Bekele tells AS. Bekele & his co-accused are due in court tomrw, but ‘he can’t walk’. pic.twitter.com/P3jhOmR10X
— Addis Standard (@addisstandard) December 25, 2017
ብልታቸው ላይ የውኃ ላስቲክ እንደተንጠለጠለባቸው ለፍርድ ቤት ካመለከቱ የፖለቲካ እስረኞች በጥቂቱ፣
☞ አድነው ተሾመ (ዛሬ ታኅሳስ 16/2010 ለ4ኛው ችሎት የተናገረ)
☞ ፻ ዐለቃ ጌታቸው መኮንን (አሁን በነጻ የተፈቱ ፤ ለፍርድ ቤቱ ሱሪያቸውን አውልቀው ያሳዩ)
☞ አወቀ ሞኝሆዴ (ከመቶ ዐለቃ መኮንን ጋር በነጻ የተለቀቀ)
☞ አስቻለው ደሴ (ለፍርድ ቤቱ ሱሪያቸውን አውልቀው ያሳዩ)
☞ ፈረደ ክንድሻቶ (ሱሪ ማድረግ ስለማይችል በሽርጥ የሚንቀሳቀስ)
☞ አበበ ካሴ (እግሩን የሚሸመቅቀው፤ እስካሁን ሕክምና ያላገኘ)
ድብደባ ደርሶባቸው ወይም በቂ ሕክምና ሳያገኙ በእስር ላይ እያሉ ከሞቱ የፖለቲካ እስረኞች መካከል በጥቂቱ፣
☞ ተስፋሁን ጨመዳ (ነሐሴ 2004 በቃሊቲ ወኅኒ ቤት እያለ ሕይወቱ ያለፈ)
☞ ኒሞና ጥላሁን (ሐምሌ 2006 በቃሊቲ ወኅኒ እያለ ሕይወቱ ያለፈ)
☞ ሙባረክ ይመር (ጥር 2007፣ ቂሊንጦ ውስጥ እያለ ሕይወቱ ያለፈ)
☞ አየለ በየነ (ሐምሌ 2009፣ ቂሊንጦ ወኅኒ ቤት እያለ ሕይወቱ ያለፈ)
☞ አብደታ ኦላንሳ (ጥር 2007፣ ቂሊንጦ ወኅኒ ውስጥ እያለ ሕይወቱ ያለፈ)
☞ አርማዬ ዋቄ ማሞ (ጥቅምት 2010፣ ቂሊንጦ ወኅኒ ቤት እያለ ሕይወቱ ያለፈ)
☞ መሐመድ ጫኔ (ጥቅምት 2010፣ ቂሊንጦ ወኅኒ እያለ ሕይወቱ ያለፈ)
ነገ እስረኞችን ለማሰብ ማኅበራዊ ሚድያ ላይ ዘመቻ የምናደርገው በሕዝባዊ አገልግሎቶቻቸው ለዚህ ዓይነት ስቃይና ሞት የሚዳረጉ ሰዎች መኖራቸውንም ለማስታወስ ነው።
Caaltuu Taakkalee, bara 2016 akkuma mana hidhaatii baateen kan kaate dha. Baatii jaha booda deebisanii hidhan.
Amma himata shororkeessummaa yeroo lammaaffaaf itti banan. Via Dhábasá Wakjira Gemelal
Dubartoota keenya Gootota!
1) Urgee Abbabee murtiin du’aa abbaa manaa ishee Girmaa Raggaasaa kan murtii umrii itti murteeffame waliin mana hidhaa jirti. Mucaan isaanii Boontuu Girmaa (umriin 11) dhaabbata NGO ijoollee hidhamtootaa guddisaanitti kennamteetti. NGOn kun naannoo Qaallittii fi Aqaaqii jira.
2) Dirribee (Boontuu) Ittaanaa garee nama torba hammatu keessatti galmeen maqaa isheetiin kan baname yoo ta’u murtii du’aatu itti murteeffame. Yeroo ammaa kana Urgee Abbabee fi Dirribee (Boontuu) Ittaanaa mana hidhaa Qaallittii keessatti argamu.
3) Haliimaa Abdii Mohaammad hidhaa umrii guutuun mana hidhaa Qaallittii jirti.
4) Zayinuu Abdoo Tamaam hidhaa umrii guutuun mana hidhaa Qaallittii jirti.
5) Baaccuu Margaa Fayyisaa murtii waggaa 18n Qaallittii jirti.
6) Biiftuu (Zaaraa) Mohaammad kan jedhamtuu murtii umrii guutuun Qaallitii jirti.
7) Adan Mohamed Abdullahii hidhaa murtii 12tiin Qaallittii jirti.
Courtesy: Lammii Beenyaa